Tuesday, September 17, 2019

ho hum

Walked in a fashion show last week and didn't have very much fun. The not fun part was no one's fault. I just don't do well with the fashion set. I was told I'd get a free item and now I am wondering if I should have nailed that down. What KIND of item? I hope I don't receive some cut-up dainty t-shirt with boob holes.

Spent a lot of time with D and family also last week. My mom was in town and we had a nice dinner with her at which she gushed about our relationship. It was very cute. I went uptown and stayed with her at her hotel and we had a nice time hanging out. We didn't argue at all. I told her that sometimes she and Natasha trigger me with the way they communicate, which is to say they communicate similarly, and sometimes I get overly annoyed at one of them because of their cumulative vibe bouncing around me. Love them both dearly though, of course.

I got sick last week, so the weekend was quiet. This, I enjoyed.

I pulled a crazy stunt and emailed someone about something I'd written and got a positive response, but now I'm waiting for the latest update.

Last night, Natasha and I had dinner with CD; he's great. I say this with finality, he's just all around great. We went to see this cool musician he works with and everyone was there. I felt good because I hadn't paid to go. The show was really good. We socialized. D's new friend met us there; they have a cute thing brewing. It's hard to not be too annoying about it to D. But it seems like a real and fast friendship. One thing is that the new friend has a sort of annoying voice. In a way this makes him sort of charming though.

D said something unthinking and sexist about the singer and I got very annoyed with him. I'm not totally sure why, but I made him talk about it for longer than even I actually wanted to. I think it's because I think he is a good man and deserves to be pushed if he says something dumb. If I didn't believe in him, I wouldn't bother. This makes me realize, in a roundabout way, my utter lack of belief in A, like in him as a person, throughout basically our whole relationship. Anyway, D is good, and at his worst he still has the best intentions, so a 20 minute browbeating about what we don't say about women (though hopefully not so condescending!) seems worth something. I hate for him to think I'm actually mad at him though; it's hard to explain, even to myself, how I can be mad but never to my core. I guess that is the belief part.

Rehearsals start again tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ah

A lot has happened but whatever. Blogging still feels like an afterthought, but right now I feel mentally fresh after a nice weekend in Madr...